AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Inspire by Dennis Had

Inspire by Dennis Had Enjoying Vacuum Tube Audio

Old 02-23-2023, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfoto View Post
Hi
And thank you so glad to know this wonderful community exists!
I have my Ho and LP27a hooked up and they are sounding really good.
They were built in July 2015 and I wondered if Dennis offers any upgrades to the amplifier since that time?

The power amp is on the elongated chassis, a bit different from later models, so thought maybe there were some changes that could further the sound as well.

thanks for any thoughts on the matter....if I can figure out how to post pics will do so, otherwise can just message me and I can send some along.
Post pix here and Dennis will be able to see them himself. Remember he reads every post in this thread....
Old 02-23-2023, 07:55 PM

I’ve been playing my LP-2030 since I received it a week ago. I love it and it gets better every day. Listening to my old music and I’m hearing it with more detail than I’ve ever heard. I bought these just reading here what others said about them and couldn’t be happier. When my 300B-v arrives I may not be able to leave the house for a few days. Did I say it’s gorgeous too?
Old 02-23-2023, 08:30 PM

Hoping this works for images.....

Last edited by ralfoto; 02-23-2023 at 08:39 PM. Reason: no images in post
Old 02-27-2023, 02:22 PM

Dennis says "There's no need for any upgrades."
Old 02-28-2023, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showme View Post
I’ve been playing my LP-2030 since I received it a week ago. I love it and it gets better every day. Listening to my old music and I’m hearing it with more detail than I’ve ever heard. I bought these just reading here what others said about them and couldn’t be happier. When my 300B-v arrives I may not be able to leave the house for a few days. Did I say it’s gorgeous too?
Now you begin to understand Grasshopper...

The combination of the PH-1A, the LP-2030, the 300b/PSE300b and the new as yet unnamed loud speaker(s) is probably the best sound system I've ever heard. They synergy is magical, and those of you who have multiple pieces of Inspire gear can attest to this.

I have pix from Last Friday's get together which I will put up shortly...
Old 02-28-2023, 10:05 PM

Default Another get together at the toy shop...

So Bearcity, Straitwire, and myself met up with Dennis last Friday for an afternoon of listening and conversation at the Toyshop....

Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr

Dennis had a new surprise waiting for us. A LP-2030 reworked to beef up the filament supply so that 300Bs can be swapped in for the lower filament current tubes like the 01A. Pictured are a standard LP-2030, the PH-1A phono preamp, and the modified LP-2030.

Here's some more pix of the modified LP-2030...

He had also modified the speakers for increased bass response and flipped their orientation so that the tweeters were inside the woofers.

Providing the power was a series of choices, from right to left, a 46 amp, a 6FLV, a Kleen Sweep, and Straitwire's upgraded 300B. Underneath is Straitwire's PSE6550. Here's another of the 300B...

So after a lot of switching back and forth, shifting speaker position and orientation, it was decided that the best sound came from the combination of the PH-1A, LP-2030 with 01As, the 300B playing through the new speakers. This was also with all US made tubes in every part of the signal path. We also decided that the 01As sounded better than the 300bs in the preamp, but Dennis says he has more work to do on modifying the 2030 to get the best sound out of the 300bs in the LP-2030.

Dennis has all of this at home now and is using a PSE 300B for the amp.

He told me today that the PSE 300B is the best amp he's ever heard, let alone designed, and it is better than his 805 amp for that former company he used to own.

Seems like high praise indeed....
Old 03-01-2023, 10:00 AM

Great photos, if I didn't already have so much equipment, I could get weak. The 300b PSE plays better than the 805? Hard to imagine.
I heard the last 805 with 845 tubes a few years ago at the High End in Germany, and that was one of the best sounds on the whole show.

an LP2030 with 300b? For what? With the 01A, the little one already plays as if from another world.

The thought of the little speakers still haunts my head...
Old 03-01-2023, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgn-dt-n View Post
Great photos, if I didn't already have so much equipment, I could get weak. The 300b PSE plays better than the 805? Hard to imagine.
I heard the last 805 with 845 tubes a few years ago at the High End in Germany, and that was one of the best sounds on the whole show.

an LP2030 with 300b? For what? With the 01A, the little one already plays as if from another world.

The thought of the little speakers still haunts my head...
Heh, you haven't seen anything yet. Dennis is keen on making these little gems his legacy speaker. They already sound fantastic, and he is set on making them even better. And you can bet once we are ready to release them to the general public (starting, of course with the Inspire family) we will ship them worldwide, including Köln, Deutschland

And don't forget there are a number of other Inspire owners in Germany. Maybe one of them needs your 300b so you can get a PSE 300B. And of course the new PH-1A......

In fact, it appears we've come up with a new slogan at the last get together -

"It just keeps on getting better and better"

Old 03-01-2023, 02:10 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Addict View Post
Heh, you haven't seen anything yet. Dennis is keen on making these little gems his legacy speaker. They already sound fantastic, and he is set on making them even better. And you can bet once we are ready to release them to the general public (starting, of course with the Inspire family) we will ship them worldwide, including Köln, Deutschland

And don't forget there are a number of other Inspire owners in Germany. Maybe one of them needs your 300b so you can get a PSE 300B. And of course the new PH-1A......

In fact, it appears we've come up with a new slogan at the last get together -

"It just keeps on getting better and better"

Hi Analog Addict,
Thank you for the cheerful words. I already have the PH-1A SET,
my 300b DJH plays with the tube assembly as I operate it very very well and the combination with the LP2030 has played much more expensive transistor pre-power amps on the wall. a PSE is worth a sin, but unfortunately not possible at the moment. But who knows what's coming.
The small speaker might interest me, but first it has to be fully developed, and I have to feed my ducat donkey a little.
Nice that it can also be shipped to Germany.
I have already bought camouflage foil because of my wife.....
Old 03-03-2023, 02:50 PM

Hi Analog Addict,
Do you have a rough idea of the frequency response of Dennis' new speakers? They look awesome!
Thanks,
Chris