AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 11-16-2021, 09:43 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Awesome. They are both SOTA. I have the N30SA on order. Hopefully it will be here next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimurastanley View Post
Thanks. I manage to find just shortly after my previous post.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:17 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

I've had the N30 now for a few days. The improvement over the N100H and ACS10 that I've been streaming from is astounding. While it is still breaking in you can hear the difference in all sonic ranges. It is so musical. Wow!!!

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:30 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Ecki,

How long did it take your N30 to break in? I only have 30 hours on it so far, but I can tell mine is beginning to blossom some.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I've had the N30 now for a few days. The improvement over the N100H and ACS10 that I've been streaming from is astounding. While it is still breaking in you can hear the difference in all sonic ranges. It is so musical. Wow!!!
Congratulations. It took long to sound perfect. It was 3 or 4 days of constant playing before the magic happened.

Lessons learned so far:

The critical listening mode sounds better!

I can connect via USB audio with a Shunyata Sigma cable (use the clock of the DAC) or AES
with an In-Akustik Reference Digital 2404 Air Pure Silver (use the clock of the Aurender). The AES signal path using the Aurender clock sounds clearly better.

Streaming through the Aurender sounds amazingly good too but local music clearly beats streaming.

Last edited by Solartiger; 11-30-2021 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:09 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Thanks for your response. Mine is sounding better and better. Finally beginning to open up some. I’m using with an EMM DA2 v2 DAC and EMM PRE. It definitely sounds better on critical listening mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solartiger View Post
Congratulations. It took long to sound perfect. It was 3 or 4 days of constant playing before the magic happened.

Lessons learned so far:

The critical listening mode sounds better!

I can connect via USB audio with a Shunyata Sigma cable (use the clock of the DAC) or AES
with an In-Akustik Reference Digital 2404 Air Pure Silver (use the clock of the Aurender). The AES signal path using the Aurender clock sounds clearly better.

Streaming through the Aurender sounds amazingly good too but local music clearly beats streaming.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:25 PM

Are you using USB or AES?
Old 11-30-2021, 03:02 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

USB - Shunyata Sigma. It sounds better with the EMM DAC. I haven’t tried a Gobel Lacorde Statement USB cable yet. They are supposed to be even better - which at this point I’m finding difficult to believe.

I have the EMM Transport coming and it will have an optical cable on it. The Aural Symphonics Optimism Fiber Optic is 2.5K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solartiger View Post
Are you using USB or AES?

Old 11-30-2021, 07:20 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeN View Post
USB - Shunyata Sigma. It sounds better with the EMM DAC. I haven’t tried a Gobel Lacorde Statement USB cable yet. They are supposed to be even better - which at this point I’m finding difficult to believe.

I have the EMM Transport coming and it will have an optical cable on it. The Aural Symphonics Optimism Fiber Optic is 2.5K.
Try the Shunyata Omega USB....it's a whole other level above the Sigma.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:27 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Ok I may do that. I need to compare it to the Gobel I mentioned above. Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Try the Shunyata Omega USB....it's a whole other level above the Sigma.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeN View Post

I found the following brand on the roonlabs forum (EmmLabs NS1 thread),
Lifatec Glass fiber cables, they make them also on request with the At&T connectors (EmmLabs), my dealer bought a few of them for 150,- USD a piece.
He is very happy with them, noticable improvement over the stock cable.