AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Inspire by Dennis Had

Inspire by Dennis Had Enjoying Vacuum Tube Audio

Old 09-03-2021, 11:06 PM

The 807 is one of my favorite tubes in my Firebottle. I have some 5933 tubes but have not gotten around to trying them. I should compare them. Might be a while before I do though.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacc7 View Post
Lots of good info's buried in this thread. Hope more folks post different topics in this forum instead of adding to this one thread.

So two people have echoed what I have heard before. With the Firebottle KT88 it doesn't sound like matching is all that important.
It's easier to simply search this thread and peruse the posts.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:18 PM

Noobie question re: LP-2030 preamp: I received the pre last week while in the middle of a move. Just now getting around to setting it up - now the noob question - there are 4 pairs of RCA jacks on the back. Dennis's info sheet only says "Pair of output jacks closest to the AC power cord". I take that to mean the output jacks are the pair closest to the AC power cord. The front selector switch says AUX - Mute - AUX - I take that to mean there are two selectable AUX inputs with a Mute setting in the Center position. That leaves 1 pair of RCA jacks un-accounted for. Here is my guess:
There are two pair of output jack (possibly for feeding a sub) and the two furthest from the AC power cord are AUX1 and AUX2 inputs.
Looking for some clarification or confirmation before I fire it up for the first time.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHamp View Post
Noobie question re: LP-2030 preamp: I received the pre last week while in the middle of a move. Just now getting around to setting it up - now the noob question - there are 4 pairs of RCA jacks on the back. Dennis's info sheet only says "Pair of output jacks closest to the AC power cord". I take that to mean the output jacks are the pair closest to the AC power cord. The front selector switch says AUX - Mute - AUX - I take that to mean there are two selectable AUX inputs with a Mute setting in the Center position. That leaves 1 pair of RCA jacks un-accounted for. Here is my guess:
There are two pair of output jack (possibly for feeding a sub) and the two furthest from the AC power cord are AUX1 and AUX2 inputs.
Looking for some clarification or confirmation before I fire it up for the first time.

You are correct in your guessing. R&L x2 inputs. R&L x2 outputs in locations you describe.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:06 PM

Thanks @bearcity for the confirmation
Old 09-04-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBoy View Post
It's easier to simply search this thread and peruse the posts.
It's much more difficult to have a conversation about a topic if it is buried in a monster thread. Forums work best when topics are grouped.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcity View Post
Name only. The more dennis rolled tubes in this pre circuit, the more he liked the 201 and 301 battery radio tubes from the 1920s and 1930s. I think LP-2030 sounds so ahead of its time, whereas the SLP98 and 05 are so past tense. [emoji6]
Mine arrived yesterday and it is Paired with my Inspire 45/2A3 the combo is amazing.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:26 PM

My Inspire KT88 SET is loaned out right now, so I'm running the LP-2030 in front of an Alan Eaton 45 SET. I've run the Sylvy 01As, RCA Radiotron UX201As, Cunningham CX301As (All 3 pairs supplied with the amp). I am currently running a pair of Cunningham CX371As. To my aging ears, all are excellent. My preference if I were to rank them would be 301s, 201s which are very close then the 371s. This is just an outstanding preamp/linestage and looking forward to hearing it with the Inspire KT88 SET when it comes back.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:13 PM

Don't forget it will work just fine with 12A/112A toobs as well....
Old 09-15-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris0603 View Post
Life with my KT88 SEP goes on, and i finally got some adapters for some 5933WA tubes and promptly slotted them in. Works great.

(Please ignore the dust, and that the internal construction differs)
Also consider the 5932, which is a ruggedized 6L6 like the 5933 is to the 807, but without the plate cap. It can be rolled right in to most of Dennis' 6L6 compatible amps. Dennis and I experimented with them a few years back, but haven't revisited them since.