View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 01:04 PM

Default New PCC from CMMG

My new CMMG Banshee MkG PCC (pistol caliber carbine) in .45ACP arrived today after a 14 week wait.

Due to the COVID they ended up closing up the productin facility, then they re-commenced production after a 2-month hiatus with a huge backlog of orders to produce. They could only work about 1/2 a crew at a time to comply with social distancing requirements. So it took a while to fill my order.

I believe it will be worth the wait if my last PCC is any indication. I had a Kriss CRB 20 and, while it was a fine weapon, it was a bit ungainly for CQB in-close operation. Here is a pic of the Kriss:

I'm looking forward to mounting the optic and sighting it in. But first things first... I'll tear it down, inspect, clean and lube it first. Then I'll make sure to do an operational check without ammo and, lastly and finally, I'll hit the range.

So here is the Banshee:

Once I get the optic on it, an EoTech 512, and chuck in one of those glorious Glock 21 extended 26 round magazines, it should look just like this:

Fun times ahead!