View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsooner View Post
Yes, what I was told and it seems to work, is that you turn up the volume as loud as you are able to and it will break in up to that volume. It's crazy and I wonder how many others are like this. I do know that mine gets better and better the longer I listen at hire volumes. I am loving my QX5/20 with it as thats' the only input I"m using now. I am going to sell my Rhea phono stage now that I sold my Basis TT, but the input is broken in also and is marked in blue tape on the back as the input to use if I ever need a second one, lol.
Turning up the KX-5 Twenty to a loud setting will not break in all the volume levels below that point. Each numerical volume display setting according to Alex Brinkman at Ayre, needs to be broken in individually.

Each time you change the volume setting you will hear the rotary control lock a resister into place, and there are 46 individual resisters (volume control goes up to 46 maximum).

If you want to break the unit in quicker than turn it to the setting you feel you will use most of the time and listen at that setting and that should help the unit break-in quicker.