View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtranr View Post
Thanks, Ryan.

I have no experience with any version of the Denali, so I don't have a direct comparison to share. But I did a lot of mental coin flips over whether to go with the XC or NR version of the Delta v2 to feed my Delta D6 distributor before I finally opted to order the XC. Two factors influenced my decision: (1) a number of references in other threads here to the XC's focus on delivering current to a system's power distributor; and (2) the noticeable improvement the D6 itself conferred on system performance over the Hydra 8 v2 that previously fed AC to the system's components. I figured at that point that the D6's own NR capability (along with that of a Defender v2 plugged into the wall duplex's other outlet and whatever NR cords are used downstream) would be sufficient.

As my review may suggest, I don't regret the choice of the XC for that function one bit. In fact, about 20 playback hours after I posted my last assessment of the XC, the sonic presentation opened up another huge notch, bringing me as listener even "closer" to the recorded performance.

At the same time, I do have a Delta NR v2 on order. I originally intended it to replace the Delta NR v1 feeding the system's DAC, but in the meantime I've acquired a used IEC-socketed line stage that replaces a captive-corded preamp. A Venom 10NR borrowed from my living-room system currently feeds the "new" acquisition, but the Delta NR v2 will take over for the Venom when it arrives. I expect to share my impressions after I've had some listening time with it.

In my system, at least, using an XC for the wall-to-distributor feed and NRs from the distributor to downstream components seems to be just the ticket.

HTH.

Many thanks for your thoughtful response!