View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 12:30 PM
Semi-audiophile

I read a Home Theater review of Panasonic's flagship 4K player, and in that review (published 7/19) the author noted that physical media accounted for more than 59% of video sales, and 4K Blu-ray accounted for 13% of total Blu-ray sales, a 3% uptick from the previous year. Those stats may be lower now, I guess, but it leads me to think physical media will be around a bit longer.

I have no interest in streaming and am not a big movie person, and thus will continue with discs until no longer available. I have simple tastes, I'm already oversaturated by the culture, so I'll stay with my plan as long as possible.

I also read a NY Post article on the HBO Max/Warner thing which said the Wonder Woman 1984 HBO Max release is for a month, then the movie continues in theaters. I don't have the article in front of me, it was yesterday's or Thursday's paper.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks