Thread: Canton Ref K3s
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 06:33 PM

I 've had the K3s a couple of weeks now. I've changed from the 8ohm to the 4ohm taps . Patricia Barbers " the beat goes on" will rattle your bones if played loudly. Little Village (Ry Cooder,John Hiatt, Nick Lowe and drummer Jim Keltner )produced and engineered by legendary Allen Sides/Lenny Waronker is a favorite of mine. The K3s make the recording come to life with Cooders slide moving around in the mix. Grammy award winning "after the rain"by 65 year old Irma Thomas, recorded in Maurice Louisiana puts me in the studio.The sound stage that is created by these speakers is uncanny. Al Greens " love and happiness"from 1972 still sounds fresh. The only cd that didnt move me was was John Hiatts "perfectly good guitar"it sounds pretty flat, as a simple stereo mix. That might change if I can get SWMBO to let me move the love seat from between the speakers. Perhaps I need to buy her a yoga retreat week end.

Last edited by aclearspot; 06-24-2023 at 10:15 PM.