View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 10:49 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Schmidt View Post
What a beautiful system! I'm considering a J. Sikora Initial or Initial Max (limits of my budget) with Integrity Tru-Glider here in SW FL but have yet to actually see one in the wild or talk with anyone who has owned one. I only have a very strong recommendation from my dealer to go on. I'll look forward to more of your findings as it settles in, though it certainly looks absolutely amazing.

I have a DS Audio DS 003 "optical" cartridge, currently with an STST Motus II DQ suspended direct drive table with Schröder CB tonearm. The cartridge would just move over, along with their DS 003 phono stage.
Thanks. I haven’t seen an Initial Max but as of a few weeks ago the US Distributor still had one in stock. Sikora though is shipping more … I almost purchased the Initial Max. I understand it plays very well. And it looks stunning! The only thing that held me back was that I desired two arms, so I moved up to the Standard Max.

DS Audio I think would pair well with the Sikora. I use an Aurender Tight Opus1 and a MSL Signature Platinum on mine. It sounds divine. You’ll get plenty of very well dif8ned bass. Vocals sound amazing.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.