View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 01:15 AM

I would like to add some more particular to help people in the group to give me ideas and advices. I’ll appreciate for every contribution.
Some time ago, I spoke with Andy Payor (Rockport’s patron), it was very kind and , of course, competent. My Avior is the first interpretation before the Avior II.
He told me that , unfortunately, he built central channel in the ast, but they was with different drivers, dedicated to the previous Rockport’s design in the past years. For that reason, he dissuaded me to go into buying a second hand Rockport’s central channel. However it was very nice, asking me questions about amplification and my room etc...
He told me that in his opinion, could be good to choose a central channel fron Aerial Acoustics, because he is familiar with the brand, and in his opinion the “voice” (in italian we say for it TIMBRO MUSICALE), is very clear and balanced with Rockport’s sound.
Unfortunately here in Italy, Aerial loudspeakers are not so popular, and because of that, the only choice for me could be to go into a blind purchase on one of the Aerial’s central channels without seeing and listening in advance. I don’t want to do that.

Now I’ll try to explain my chain: