View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 03:42 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

That makes sense.

I don't think I'd be without the MEN220 as I have a really tough room (and I need the active crossover for dual subs)...but food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubla36 View Post
Well... my Delta Sigma hypochondria led me to trade in my MEN220 on the theory that it was introducing DS back into the path. Listening with the Gumby, overall I preferred it without the MEN220– tonally/sharpness. Spatially, it sounded better with the MEN220. It could have been in my head. I had also changed axis of the room and added treatment so the MEN220 added less than it had. If there were an R2R version I’d be sorely tempted.

You’d need to consult more knowledgeable people here to see if they think there could be any signature added by the MEN220 A-D-A conversion. 24 bits is a lot of resolution.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW