View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCityUSA View Post
I am also using Omegas, the Super 7 Monitor MK2. They are rated 95db into 8ohms. When I got my Inspires I was pushing Epos es14s, mid 90's vintage, at 86db into 8ohms. Listening room was identical. The Epos were a bit timid. The notes were there but without as much life as the Omegas. This setup is in my office and I have neighbors so higher volume is not so much the issue. I have lately inserted a sub (pinnacle baby boomer) after reading a post on the Omega forum. Never been much of a sub/mains fan for audio. In fact this sub was borrowed from my video system. Now I see the reason and I understand Peter's endeavors. The Omegas driven by the inspire with the appropriate tube combo is sublime. The sub just fills out the lower extreme and just adds to the experience. Of course since this is my office listening is not often my primary focus though I do get annoyed as the phone rings and I have to turn the volume down.
I'm sorry I did not read your argument earlier. I think this proves the Alnico Monitors rated at 95 dBs @ 8 Ohms would be enough for my Inspire setup, given your room reference is like mine, as you said. What is your Sub crossover set at (60 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)? Thanks for the hint!

Last edited by Musica Amantem; 03-17-2016 at 06:53 AM.