View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 07:46 PM
Subaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
I love pipe organ too (as you know from hanging out here and listening) I apprenticed to a French builder doing work in the US in high school, it was fascinating and I would have loved to do it professionally...

Great photos and very interesting instrument! So, that's a hybrid? Traditional pipes for the smaller ranks and then electro-synth for the Pedal Division only or for any pipe over an 8' stop?
Most churches have room for 16' long pipes giving you 32hz. So most all combination (pipe/digital) organs use subs for the 32 ft stops/pedal ranks. Only 2 organs I was involved with had 64 ft pedal division stops. The subs those organs had were made by a company that supplied the digital sounds and their 32 cu. ft. boxes (size of a fridge) fell flat on their faces at 15hz so they were worthless.

TT-Revox B791, A/V Receiver-Yamaha Aventage 2010, Blu-Ray- Sony 1000 Universal Player, Amplifier-Cinepro 3K6E Mkii, Fronts- Mirage M3si, Rear-Mirage OM-9, 5 other Mirage surrounds. Subwoofer- Stereo Integrity HST-18 inch w/ 85lb. magnet, 4 1/2 inches of travel.