View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 03:26 PM

Default Logitech Harmony end-of-manufacture

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
Is no one buying these remotes any longer? I have used mine for quite a while.

George

Harmony was focused on the mid-level home theater or tv system market - the family with a den and several remotes on the coffee table that didn’t play well together. In the last few years I suspect several things have happened to this market:

1) manufacturers are getting better at ergonomics and making their remotes able to control multiple components
2) more equipment is Wi-Fi or Ethernet enabled and controllable via apps, and conversely more people are using their phones to control their equipment.
3) the mid-level market is going more to sound bars and simpler systems with fewer boxes, while the upper end of the market is going more to custom installations with installer-supplied control systems.
4) Logitech in general is focusing more on its core strength of computer peripherals, and extending that into the adjacent fast-growing video conferencing market.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2