View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 01:52 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkorbal View Post
Thanks Stephen. Great Post!

Other than a few cables this is the way I have it setup and I agree with your findings. Like I said earlier there was a notable different in the noise floor. It's nice to get confirmation.
Yep, when all is said and done, these approaches are key to being able to have an engaging and immersive experience when using a streaming/music server setup.

Conventional networking Ethernet cables, switches and routers with their crap clocks, and their cheap-*ss power supplies contribute all sorts of really nasty noise components to our digital music streams, including RFI and EMI interference, jitter, clock phase noise, low- and high-source impedance leakage current, threshold jitter as a result of the leakage current, common-mode noise...

And then, there's USB cables and their susceptibility other types of crap including noise generated at the USB receivers, and last but not least, leakage between the isolation transformers in the RJ45 jacks in the Ethernet switches.

At this point, I think I could write a dissertation on this subject.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-15-2021 at 01:56 PM.