View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasmenz View Post
I have the Ayon S3 , which is a network player/Dac/Pre and over the years have used it in exactly that order. Never failed to amaze me. The tube pre section is completely Feedback free , now playing in an all feedback free chain which Metrum Dac , S3, Ayre VXR and it sounds very dynamic and open and alive with great purity of tone , also very good fast deep bass which may be a bit of a surprise . The Metrum added a great amount of joy to the playback which the Ayon as pre did not hide from me . When I bought it I listened to it in two systems comprising SF Aida and Lansche 7 with plasma tweeter and both sounded just incredible, never felt the ayon was a weak link there, quite the opposite , also importantly, in many years now it never failed on me or had any issues . I’d say give it a listen if you can , cheers
Thanks Matthiasmenz, I appreciate the information on Ayon. It is confirming what I have heard from others.
SF Stradivari, Aric Audio Motherlode XL preamp and Super KT Parallel amps; Pass XP 27, Raven One TT, Graham Phantom II arm, Lyra Etna Lamda, Airtight PC1, Bryston 3.14 DAC, Transparent Reference & Wireworld, dedicated treated room 17 X 34 X 9