View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Josh.......Can't believe you would tease us like that without posting a photo.
Okay, you've forced me to go back today... It's a mission now.

My best in show mentions would have to include: Totem speakers driven by MBL. Incredible for their size, and unbelievable even being in a big double-room/suite. No audio treatments in room. All 3 people in my party were in different locations and left with the same impression. Three people who were not familiar with the brand left with the opinion that we would all seriously consider it for purchase. Merci, sir, merci.

Rick U I hope the Dirac does it for you...

Vandersteen 7 driven by AR and vinyl was very, very nice. Ayre with SF was great. I left with a great impression of the Ayre brand. Younger, hipper, and willing to do things their own way. They had a prototype pre-amp there so keep your eyes out for that. Their updated DAC was great - interestingly they decided to go with the second from the top ESS chip (9016??) for some technical reason and I thought back to the D100. The D100 was being used in several strong demos btw with the general consensus that it should be used with a pre-amp only for excellent performance. One unnamed person mentioned that a new version is in the works without a volume control.

I'll do my best and report back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3669.jpg (58.7 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by junker; 06-02-2013 at 03:08 PM.