View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 01:33 PM

Attended T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach yesterday. Sorry I don't have a complete photo gallery of my day, but I thought I would share what I have.

For me the Highlight of the day was the MBL North America room. They we playing reel tape on a United Home Audio Tape Deck. They were featuring the Corona Line System played through Radialstrahler MBL 116F loudspeakers.

Sorry I did not get a good photo of the entire room, but captured photos of the sources, and preamp.

Another highlight was the Demonstration of the Wilson Alexia Loudspeakers, powered by Audio Research electronics. In the Demo they moved the tweeter unit on the speaker 1/16th of an inch or 1.5mm. You could easily hear the air and life drop out of the recording. It sounded like the players were playing with cotton glove. I was not even in the best seat in the house, and you could easily hear it in the first second after they hit play.

I wanted to be polite to the attendees and Peter McGrath during the demo presentation so no photos, plus we have members here with photos of their Wilson's.

Walking down the hall I heard Ball and Biscuit by the White Stripes pumping out with the power that sounded really really good. When I went into the room I was presented with...

Sonus Faber Elipsa SE Loudspeakers, powered by Ayre Acoustics. Source was a Clearaudio Innovation Table.

Stopped by the McIntosh Labs room, and was hoping to see the MT5 turntable, but it was not there.

Those XR100's were impressive, and might not get enough attention / mentions. I really would like to hear them in my room.

Also the XR50's not optimally set up sounded great. They where powered by the 275 with the D100 preamplifier. Would be a great small room system. I really like the finish on the XR50's.

Stopped by the Esoteric room. Those iO2 speakers (on the inside of the box speaker) with a single sub was surprisingly good.

Stopped by the On A Higher Note room to hear the Groove Note Reel tape, but each time they where not demoing Tape, but I did capture a photo of the Reel Box for Anthony Wilson.

The Vivid G3Giya speakers sounded good playing music files through the Luxman DAC, powered by the Mola-Mola amps.

Having a Technics RS1500 tape deck I stopped by the J-Coder room. Jeff of J-Corder is a really nice and informative guy. Here are some examples of his work. If this machine lasted this long I can only imagine after Jeff does his magic to this machine it will last another 30 years.

For me the room that plays the best music, is Jeff Catalano's High Water Sound. A vinyl focused room using a TW-acustic table, arm, and Miyajima Labs cartridge. Tron tube amplifications powering Cessaro horn loudspeakers.

That's all I got.

Last edited by RoadDawgWest; 06-02-2013 at 02:13 PM.