View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 12:43 PM

I feel like the show took a step back this year.

Not really impressed with much and a lot of good rooms from last year that didn't come this year (Daedalus, Soundsmith, Zu etc). No Tannoy, NAD, and some other noted brand representation. Breakout sessions were meh.

I wanted to see more from the headphone atrium but was really let down there.

Very few "Show Deals" as well.

Items of interest:

DSP Anti-Mode 2.0 - impressive results for small room correction box

Antelope Audio's Zodiac Isotope unveiling - finally a real and working product....beautiful but not sold on sound

First view of new SF Olympica...beautiful speaker in matte walnut, missing crossovers so not able to hear it

Playback designs integrated hooked up to the evolution acoustics micro ones....great sound, the integrated looks and sounds like a winner

Coffman labs limited edition preamp/phono...only 500 made, vintage parts, point to point wiring, no circuit boards, fantastic construction....could've been surrounded by other higher quality gear.

Ever impressed with Zesto Audio. I just like the couple running the business too. They're working on an amp at the moment to round out their product offering.