View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/V Solutions
I know buying gear is always fun but if you haven't done so I would look at treating your room....I don't mean just throwing up a few panels, consult with someone and take some measurements and design something that has a high WAF.....a crappy sounding room always a crappy sounding room, doesn't matter what gear you throw at it.....just my two cents worth.
Jeff,
You're absolutely right.
My room is far from having a wonderful acoustic and would benefit from treatments for sure but :
- people who heard my system without the Room Perfect in action found it very good
- Room Perfect made a huge improvement
- I 'm tweaking the position of the speakers since nearly 2 years now and I can tell now that I'm not far at all from the perfect balance. Bill advices helped me a lot for that.
- Treatments with high WAF are no so easy to find.
I know that the room does not sound at its best yet, but still, the system is sounding extremely good for my ears : better than most of the demos I get in shows or dealers rooms ! I will see what the other great Jeff (tonepub) says about it when he will be here in Paris, but personnaly I'm fully satisfied with the sound I get now.
The only thing is : I'm having a wonderful chocolate ice cream. That is the best chocolate I ever tasted. But sometimes, I would just like a vanilla ice cream !