View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 07:23 PM
Racing Hoopties

Default Reaching for Everest!!

With a great offer from MasterLu, I am now the proud owner of a new Shunyata Everest. It has replaced my Denali 6000/S v2 which I thought was incredible. Incredible until I connected the Everest. Holy cow! Not sure I have ever heard one component make such a monumentally positive impact from the first moment it was connected.

My new Everest is connected to a dedicated 20 amp circuit via a Shunyata Sigma XC power cord. It is powering my Bricasti M21 Pre/DAC, Antipodes K-50 server and JL Audio CR1 crossover. My mono amps remain connected direct to individual 20 amp circuits. I have connected 12 gauge copper wires from the M21 and both M28 monos to their own CGS terminals on the Everest. I did this before powering everything up. No turning back now. I intend to connect the Antipodes K-50 to a CGS terminal once I confirm a few things with Antipodes.

Immediately after queuing up Jacqueline du Pre playing the Elgar Cello concerto I could hear something positive had occurred. Everything about that piece was better. Huge and more cohesive soundstage, inner detail and more texture/weight on the cello. Moving to Brombo from David Bromberg, the dynamics of the initial drum solo was off the charts and the bass was fuller and cleaner than ever. This is a part of the musical range I spend a good deal of time on. The improvement was fantastic.

I could go on but suffice it to say this may be the most impactful ‘component’ level improvement I have made to any system I have ever owned. Perhaps more than moving to my old Strads or even my new Kharma dB-11S.

If you are on the fence, talk to Ivan. He pulled some strings as usual and delivered my unit quickly. Couldn’t be happier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E5AF5749-5B6A-4CFE-B5EA-570EF535C83A.jpeg (2.99 MB, 96 views)
File Type: jpeg CB22628D-ECF1-45D0-97E1-70A11AE84F4B.jpeg (2.49 MB, 106 views)
File Type: jpeg C2298DEE-BDDB-4534-974B-8D0E5C47521C.jpeg (1.73 MB, 120 views)
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Last edited by crwilli; 06-09-2022 at 09:24 PM.