View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 08:54 PM

@ Mitchel - When I got the Aeris with Wavelet 1 a couple of years back, I ordered it as full 3-way active (so 3 pairs of XLR cables between Wavelet and Aeris). This turned out to be a very smooth sounding and forgiving system, where almost every LP of mine sounded great. With my old electrostatics, while a lot of them would sound good, there were a fair amount which didn't. Without the room correction of the Wavelet, the sound would bunch up behind the speakers for some LPs. Deep bass is something that the Aeris does very well. When I listen to some of Yosi Horikawa electronic music, I could feel waves of bass physically move towards me. When listening to Morcheeba BlazeAway, you hear bass that is vibrating. I just used a Cambridge Audio CXN2 as front end streamer (connected using SPDIF). You will, of course, need to experiment with toe-in to make it sound its best. While I did order my Valors with full active configuration, I have found that using a tube amp for upper mid bass / treble sounded much better. The Valors are a different beast. I tend to listen to the Valors at lower volume than the Aeris due to the way it presents sound. This is probably due to having the much larger driver surface area, where you get more of the air pressure feeling of being there than the Aeris. The Valors were also designed to try to recreate the sound vector field at the listener position.

Last edited by MatthewB; 04-18-2022 at 08:57 PM.