View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 10:57 PM

This is a fantastic thread and clueless as to why no one is chiming in and taking advantage of a forward thinking idea for this AA forum that Ivan created. Come on guys... post your reviews!

Alright, here goes mine.

I've been texting my friend Bill [o0OBillO0o] about my experiences listening to Vinyl versus LP. Particularly, 1st edtion LPs from the 70s/80s/90s.

Tonight I have been listing to a recent purchase arrival => David Bowie: Diamond Dogs LP 1974 [1st edition pressing]

Favourit Track: "Chant of Ever Circling Skeletal Family Lyrics"
My favourit lyric paragraph:

"Brother, ooh ooh
Shake it up, shake it up
Move it up, move it up"

There isn't much to say other than the music is still ahead of its time. I don't know how to react other than go "weeeeee". Gawd, it's great album.

While I was listening to the musi I decided to pull out my CD edition and have been snapping between LP and CD to hear the mastering differences. Gasp, the LP sounds to me so much better.

The way I can describe listeing to the CD is like licking an ice cream cone and listening to the LP is like chewing on beef jerky. The CD sounds good, but it's lifeless by compared to the LP. When listening to the vinyl I feel like I am devouring the experience. I am sinking my teeth into the music and violently eating it as if I am starving. The CD, meh...I'll just lick...yawn, boring.

*mic drop*

Last edited by Golucid; 02-29-2016 at 12:12 AM.