View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Thimios...congrats on the new media room. For your size room I would also consider Rockport Avior, Wilson Sashas, Focal Maestro Utopia, Verity Amadis, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Tidal Contriva, along with the TADs and the Peak Consult speakers. I am not sure where you reside (if it is Greece or elsewhere) but I tried picking other speakers in the price range of the Zoltans and CR-1s that are all excellent in their own right but will give you a different flavor sonically. Have you had a chance to listen to a wide variety of speakers and do you have a sense whether you gravitate towards a certain house sound? I am guessing Peak Consult is a sound you like given the Princess and potential move to the Zoltan but was wondering if you have heard other speakers that you have gravitated to?
Cyril,
I have lived with Proac Response 5s for a number of years, Sonus Faber Guarnieri and Verity Fidelio prior to the Peak Consults. My other components have slowly evolved as well. Peak Consult with Audio technology drivers have a sound resemblance to Rockports, Sonus Faber (older models) and Verity speakers.
So far I have heard the Rockport Aquila (which have a side firing woofer that interacts with the room in non predictable ways) the different Verity models as well as the Wilson Shasa & Sophia3. The Proac Carbon Pro 8 is also a very good competitor. Regarding the TADs I have heard the Ref One which sounded fantastic in a much bigger room. I think that CR-1s will probably preserve the magic of Ref1 with less room interaction problems.