View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golucid View Post
One of my two MB100s opted to fail. The system hung up on 'Processing' and would not boot up.

I suspect the issue is with the MOBO.

I verified this by returning the system to the original unaltered configuration, including the original never used factory SSD and Spinner drive. I also returned the original ram back into the unit.

I made an additional attempt to boot the unit, and the MB100 remained at 'Processing.'

I contacted McIntosh and was provided an RMA. As of today, the unit is in at the McIntosh Factory.

I suspect it may take weeks or months to receive the unit repaired, if possible.

I am guessing the MB100 could now be at an age that owners may begin to experience failures.

I had the same issue a couple of months ago. I imaged the drives, re-seated ram, cmos, ssds, replaced sata cords with no success. All this time, it was never hooked up to a monitor (I use the iPad app for GUI). I decided to check the BIOS as a last resort. It turned out, all this time, it was booting to BIOS screen to confirm something which I forgot what it was. Because it wasn’t connected to a TV, I never saw that and it sat at processing. I needed to press F1 to continue. I hooked up a USB keyboard and did that. It’s been working as it should since then. Do you have yours connected to a TV?