View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 07:46 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Great review...very much in line with what I am hearing here as well with different gear. The NR V2 is a very large performance and musical gain over the prior generation. The improvement is not subtle either as it impacts every aspect of both audiophile and music lover checklist behavior....
No, the improvement is NOT subtle...its quite astonishing, actually.

I know you've heard it, too, and the overarching sensibility I am left with is that all the classic terms and adjectives we've used in 40 years in audio reviews in audio magazines simply don't apply.

Instead, a a new lexicon informed by a fundamentally new paradigm is in order.

The closest analogy I can think are the vocabulary, lexicon, and content describing the differences between a Stradivarius and a Guanerius violin, for example.

I.e., we're not in audio-gear LA-LA Land anymore, we're talking about trying to describe the intrinsic musical attributes of fine instruments as well great symphony halls or comparing and contrasting great musicians. You know, like comparing and contrasting Alan Loveday of the Academy and Arthur Grumiaux.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.