View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 03:01 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
Yikes! Very interesting cable demo. Thanks for sharing!

I forgot all about my Entech power analyzer. Last I checked, my power appeared to be pretty good (of course I didn’t have this blasted UPS back then). I’m fortunate that I have a dedicated power transformer and live in a relatively rural area with little electrical noise.

I’m going to pull out the Entech and do some testing today.
Cool. Let us know what you find out.

This is why I use & invest in Shunyata Research's products; they ameliorate and attenuate the deleterious impact of these noise factors very effectively at several points throughout the power distribution system. Having come to know just how much noise is present in our "environments" & systems these days, its very hard for me to rationalize spending lot more money on amps, preamps and DACs only to further amplify all the noise that is already present.

A good example is having any consumer-type computer (e.g. Mac Mini, Intel NUC, etc) in an audio rack. The gigahertz bandwidth noise (RF) from these devices' CPUs and GPUs can be picked up by speaker cables, which, at these RF frequencies, literally act as antennas, and can be fed backwards into the power amp to be re-amplified as noise out of the speakers. This is why one of the best things one can do for a digital streaming front end is to get the computer out of the audio rack and as far away from the amplfication components as possible.

Okay, I've gone on too long here...sorry.

Cheers, Mike.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-23-2019 at 04:22 PM.