View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 03:00 AM

CD 92 T also had the Ring DAC technology.

From the Arcam Website:

"The CD92 adds a sophisticated output module, incorporating an ultra low jitter master clock and the custom built dCS** Ring DAC circuitry from the FMJ CD23. The Ring DAC combines the low level linearity of bitstream converters with the clean ultrasonic-free output of the best multibit converters, and delivers near 24 bit resolution with negligible differential non-linearity. Digital filtering is provided by the latest Pacific Microsonics PMD200 24 bit digital signal processor, which also decodes HDCD recordings. The module has extra power regulation on board to minimize interaction between stages and is constructed with a four layer circuit board to ensure optimized grounding and the shortest possible signal paths."

Was my first "better" CD player, it replaced a Technics CD player, first time that I experienced a bit of separation and placement in the soundstage at home.

Must be at least 20 years ago when I had the Arcam with a Ring DAC, and stil have one in my dCs Rossini, I guess I like the technology :-)

Last edited by imprezap2; 05-19-2021 at 03:06 AM.