View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
I am likely going to add a streamer to my system this year and the BDP-3 (in black) is on the short list along with an N10. I probably won't be able to go and listen to them, so I will be making the decision based on info gathering. Your Aurender experience is definitely something I'll keep in mind.

I don't want to break the bank on a streamer. I am using an XPS13 running JRiver USB out to my D1100. The D1100 is a very nice DAC in my opinion and the USB input does not disappoint. The whole noisy computer USB jitter argument just is not happening, it sounds sublime. I'm sure my Wireworld Platinum USB cable from Ivan is helping also. I wouldn't mind having a streamer where I could compare USB to digital coax and AES though.
Don't worry about the break in time. It took about 5 hrs to settle in and open up. The Bryston BDP-3 definitely has its own opinion on musical presentation. It reminds me of this post I made having to replace tubes in my preamp. I the use digital XLR since I own nothing above 96hz. But I've been eyeing the D1100.... hmmmm
https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45867
Sonus Faber Cremona, (2) JL Audio F110 subs, Squeeze Server v7.9 Windows 2012 Server 25TB, Audio Metallurgy GA-0 XLR & RCA, Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable, PS Audio Power Plant Premier (2), WireWorld Silver Power Cables, Tascam DA3000

Last edited by blacsno; 02-13-2021 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling