View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 07:44 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Once and done. Unless, of course, something weird has happened to them.
Ok, thanks for the info.

An old issue has rekindled itself in the form of playing older, bright CDs and how harsh they can sound. As much as I like the Telefunken Black Diamonds I use in my C2300, they don't help much with the brightness. Other than replacing the player (Mac MCD500) with something warmer (Marantz?) or turning volume down (not preferable), I could substitute warmer tubes; I don't think a power cord or interconnect will fix brightness.

I was using JJ High-Performance Gold Pins before, and they, being warmer than the BDs, did the best job of taming bright recordings enough that I could listen at my normal volume settings.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks