View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 01:01 PM

It's a well deserved honor based on my listening experiences. I have lived with my XVX for almost a year. My sine qua non is that the gear perform and be "perfect". When you look at the XVX, it takes several months to appreciate its complexity. It is incredibly complex. Even one slight manufacturing defect would be so easy but would be a disappointment. The discipline it takes to produce a perfect physical object of this complexity amazes me. Wilson did it for me. I am grateful to them.

I have always been a bass aficionado. I have discoverd why. Subconsciously I said. "OK, I can't really have that perfect midrange or treble but, I can have plenty of bass." So I had always had too much bass. I never had a speaker that truly satisfied me in the mid and treble before the XVX.

Even with a slight chronometer spike length, step, and detent misalignment the moment I heard the treble, I thought, "What an incredible treble." It took two trips by the dealer to achieve the correct settings and each time I could hear an improvement. The setting changes were small yet I could hear the correction each time.

I learned a lot because I went through and verified every setting both speakers and it allowed me to begin to appreciate the incredible manufacturing effort. In the XVX you get what you pay for. It is worth its asking price, every penny. I enjoy it every day.

For this reason I believe the XVX deserves this honor.

Best

Charles