View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 12:17 PM

Hurray!! It's back online!!

When writing earlier about SR fuses, it got me thinking that I have 2 small slo-blo 500mA Blue fuses inside my amplifier which are of the exact same values of my BDP-3 F1. Those Blue fuses are not on the signal path and I remember when I installed them, I could not really hear a significant difference. It was quite negligible actually. So I opened up the amplifier and salvaged those two Blue fuses and had them replaced with two Busman 500mA but fast acting. It's not an issue for my amplifier as it required 400mA slo-blo, so going one notch above while still fast acting is even safer (my tech told me about this when I started toying with fuses). I could have just installed those in the BDP-3 but didn't wan't this unit to be out of specs as I felt I already had a problem of its own on my hands... I oriented the logo of SR in the direction of what I believe to be the direction of the signal path as those fuses are directional.

So, plugged everything back and it has become to life again. Quite happy camper here. Right of the bat, I can hear more clarity and less meat on the bone with the Blue fuse installed so I will just let my hears to acclimate to the sound and see if I like the change. I will require a fuse from Bryston in parallel.

I will monitor about a larger problem since the fuse blew. I suspect it was due to the power failure but who knows.

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6903.jpg (86.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6943.jpg (91.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4756.jpg (90.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4759.jpg (91.1 KB, 54 views)