Thread: F113 or F212
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkval View Post
My experience showed me the benefits of flexible placement in having 2 subwoofers over a single one. Having the left and a separate right channel subwoofer increased dramatacilly the soundstage size and depth in my room. I am sure the F212 is everything Stereophile says it is but I would vote for 2 F113's over 1 F212. Of course, 2 F212's would be a different story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
I will probably be alone in this opinion, buying one JLf113 should be more than fine. I replaced my velodyne sub. with one JLF112 in my home theater and my room is around 18 x 30 and I have to turn the sub volume down to around 11 o'clock. Using the automatic room optimization with the JLF112 and setting the crossover and phase is really simple. The sub integrates well in my home theater . I think you will likely be happy with your F113. If your not sure buy one now and if you still feel that there is not enough bass (not likely) order a second one.
I think 2 JLF112 will sound better than 1 JL212.
I agree with both of you.. However I want 2 because it will balance out the room visually on top of it's audio benefits. Granted my room is far from a finished theatre room like the one posted above. Infact my room has alot of faults in it that I wished I had corrected before I moved my gear in there. A future project perhaps. Keep in mind my current address is only temporary. I do plan to either buy or build a home, with a real HT room in the future.

Round one to Chuck.