View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 02:59 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas View Post
I have a question if you start out with two SG Altaira hubs, how would you segment a preamp with a built in Dac (Gryphon preamp)?
I currently have a basic system amp, preamp/dac, LuminT2, Transport.
Also my Fyne F-10 have dedicated grounding post, I wonder if anyone has tried the Altaira on those speakers.
I don't which Gryphon you have as you didn't specify, but if it has a dedicated ground terminal on the back, as the Essence does, you can connect that to a segmented system. One way would be to connect your amp and the ground terminal on the back of the Gryphon preamp (the "analog stack") to one Altaira SG hub, and then your Lumin T2 and transport to a 2nd Altaira SG hub (the "digital stack"). If your Gryphon has an unused S/PDIF port, USB port, etc, you could also connect a ground cable with the appropriate tail to that digital stack Altaira. You can also connect unused analog ports, e.g. an unused pair of RCA or XLR inputs or outputs to the "analog stack" Altaira, if you wish. The nice thing is, the T2 has a dedicated ground terminal on it, which makes for the best type of connection to an Altaira hub. Once again, Lumin has got it goin' on, in my view and experience.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-31-2022 at 03:02 PM.