View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 12:16 PM

influence on the
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioquest4life View Post
Read a few posts about the designer of the Venom V14 digital cable recommending it for the turntable power supply ... I would like to know if anyone has any real world experience with using that type of power cable with their turntable and what results were discovered.
I'd also be interested in other's experience. It would be easy to argue that a PC on a turntable power supply should have no influence on the sound, but I've been too surprised by other things in our little hobby to blindly accept that.

Years ago, at the recommendation of an audiophile friend, I replaced the PLC that shipped with my VPI TNT turntable to an SDS. (I got a sweet deal on the SDS.) I made the upgrade because the SDS offered more precise control than the PLC and really didn't expect an audible difference. But - surprise! - I found it made a substantial improvement. Obviously that wasn't "placebo effect" at work.

So I'm curious about cables on turntable power supplies.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.