View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 10:47 AM

Default iPad advice for Aurender

I'm having a lot of fun with my new Aurender N100H, which is my first real streamer. I've never been a fan of Apple products, so I'm controlling the Aurender from my Android phone. Of course this is not the best way to interface with the Aurender app so I'm looking at the alternatives: an iPad or Android-based tablet.

As much as I tend to avoid the Apple universe, I can see that the iPad may have the advantage here, in part because of Airplay, which could be useful with the Aurender and which has no Android equivalent.

My question is, for those of you with iPads and the Aurender app: Do you think I could be happy with the simplest and least expensive of the iPads? Would the most basic iPad be ok? Would the screen on the iPad Mini be too small to be really useful?

I'd really appreciate your advice. Please consider that whatever I buy will be used as an Aurender controller and basically nothing else.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.