View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g997 View Post
Jim

Yes, the most disappointing aspect of Sooloos.
Stuart continues to hold on to his chant that 96KHz upsample and his Apodizing filter are all one needs and anything else is very questionable (being kind here). Now, I'm not sure why the M speakers play 192. Maybe, the Sooloos range will be updated. Even so, 24/192 would be a huge disappointment if that's all Sooloos gets.
I've said this all along. It was a sad day when Sooloos was sold to M for the worlds audiophiles. A potentially class defining system was dumbed down to the Meridian ecosystem.
Imagine if dcS or the like bought Sooloos. That would have been a defining moment in server based music......
Now, that being said, using a 818v2 as a preamp is pretty good. Not nearly reference, but good enough to hold out for M to revamp the entire range, especially if you bought into Sooloos early......but for many Sooloos owners their patience is getting short.
Owning 3 complete Sooloos systems, I know mine is!
Nicely stated. Whether or not Bob Stuart is correct that 24/96 is sufficient, most owners of Meridian products are asking for higher resolutions. Whether or not Sooloos via a ID40/ID41 Meridian endpoint can play all Hi Rez tracks I haven't heard anything better .