Thread: 'The Epitome'
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 10:12 AM

Default 'The Epitome'

I am a big fan of Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, a brilliant guitarist with a fascinating background that includes everything from being a founding member of Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers to earning a high level security clearance and consulting with the Defense Department on missile technology. His Facebook video yesterday was timed to coincide with the release of his new album ("Speed of Heat") on LP, and towards the end he said:

"I'm a big vinyl fan. I know some people who say dragging a rock across a piece of plastic is really not the epitome of musical quality. But, yes it is. Absolutely."

I figure it's safe to share this in the Vinyl group. And his new album is fantastic.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.