View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Vermonter View Post
Bart,

Thanks...

I’ve been to a few cool locales for wildlife and landscape photography and live in an area that is rich with raptors and waterfowl. I’ve also been blessed with a good friend from my days in the Air Force who is an early adopter for photography equipment. He just has to have the latest and greatest gear available, and sells to me what gets replaced with his new gear. I have a collection of the second best bodies and lenses Nikon makes.

He was on a Leica binge for about a year (he has 5 of their bodies and probably 15 of their lenses). He’s now on a Hasselblad binge, with four of their bodies and 10 of their lenses. So, maybe an upgrade in photography equipment is in my future too.

I decided to try and recoup some of the investment by selling my work - I give it freely to my family and friends but they don’t have much wall space left. I opened a display at a local artisans gallery, but didn’t get any traction, and it wound up being a net loss for me after I paid commission on work sold and rental for the wall space.

I considered selling over the internet, but there a bazillions of photos for sale there, and I didn’t want to turn this into a huge drain on my time, so I have bins of photos at my house, and I too have run out of wall space, as has the GF.

If ya happen to see anything you like, I probably already have it printed, or can get it printed easily so just let me know...

Slainte,

Mitch
My friend took these photos with a Hasselbaad body and lens, an umbrella reflector on a tripod, and a honeycomb attachment at the front of the umbrella reflector that acts as a parallax filter - it aligns the light source perpendicular to the subject and removes light scattering for full isolation. I had to wear the hat to avoid the flashback that woulda resulted from my bald spot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 42818EDE-E5B7-4A00-8844-70348B904510.jpeg (202.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpeg 87E845BE-11E0-4DA6-BB16-CB08CC9A139A.jpeg (173.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpeg 765AD123-2B41-4310-99DB-6CB19D4BD48D.jpeg (183.4 KB, 21 views)