View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 05:16 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paltomare View Post
I found my problem, I'm an idiot....I've been focused on fixing power to the amp and realized today that I did not connect the Schiit Preamp and DAC to UPS I just bought. This UPS uses double conversion topology which always provides power from the battery to its output. I could not understand why I was still getting this hum when the A/C kicked on. I was preparing to send the UPS back and noticed the Pre and DAC were only connected to a separate power conditioner I have. Once I connected them to the UPS the brief hum disappeared. It seems my problem is solved, thanks so much for helping me sort this out.
Sometimes the most basic stuff is the easiest to overlook. Glad you found the problem.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks