View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
Well, after a lot of internal debate with myself I put down a deposit on the MC462 this afternoon. Just felt that overall, where I am with my system right now and with the expectations I have for it, the MC462 was the better match.

The 1502 is a gorgeous amp and I'm sure I would have been happy with it, but the 462 just felt more like a sure thing. For a stereo amp the power output is just beastly and it's good power.

Thanks for all the input guys. I really appreciate it very much.

Before I purchased my MC462, I had the same internal debate you had, MC1502 or MC462. For me, it came down to my prior experience with my MC275VI. While the MC275VI was a wonderful sounding amp, I had a KT88 tube failure that caused significant damage to the amp and I couldn’t get that out of my mind when considering the MC1502. For that reason, I decided that I wanted a tube free amp that would last me for many years. After all, these amps are very large and heavy and the last thing I want to do is take an MC1502 in for repair due to a power tube failure like I had in the MC275VI. In the end, I have no regrets because the MC462 is incredible and exceeded all of my expectations.