Thread: Ammo prices
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 09:32 PM
Retired

People have gone nuts (again - same as the 2008 election) with maximum hoarding, etc. Its even worse this time with all the conspiracy theories floating around. I've got enough to get thru this season but will start running short about this time next year. Its nuts and, of course, the NRA is stoking all the fear they can (don't worry, I'm a life member). Unfortunately for us end users every step in the chain is happy to gouge the next person as they rake in the $$ hand-over-fist. Compounded by the Remington bankruptcy (big supplier of ammo and the raw components we reloaders use as well as firearms) and subsequent sale of its various bits and pieces. Its crazy. As soon as anything hits the shelves of retailers, even with purchase limits of 1 or 2 boxes, its gone. As Serge mentioned, primers are up about 35% in price, or more, when you can find them. I'm on several alert-lists, but am sure so are thousands (10's of thousands?) of others. And, like last time, most of the price increase will stick.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag