View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubla36 View Post
Do you think there would be much benefit from a pair of Carbon Specials augmenting Mcintosh XRT1Ks (line array going down to 20Hz with dual 10" woofers)?

My room is only 15x33 (small for the XRT's already, but I enjoy the sound stage, which has to be cranked to appreciate). I don't have the space for a six pack-- squeezing these in would be a challenge (would not have room to move them around much at all).
Absolutely. Work with your dealer to take measurements of your room and properly blend the subwoofer into your speakers. I worked with my dealer, and we found better measurements, which led to better results, than with the JL Audio measurements via the F110V1.

Tube System: PS Audio Dectet - McIntosh MR88 - Innous ZenMini - Chord Qutest - WireWorld Eclipse 8 Cables - McIntosh C22V & MC275 - Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor - Stillpoints & IsoAcoustics Gaia III

Last edited by McMan; 01-31-2024 at 12:01 PM.