View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCubinNY View Post
My neighbor in Maine and I share many of the same illnesses (cars, motorcycles, audio & photography). He bought a Sooloos rig after hearing me go on and on about how it's hardware implementation has steadily improved since it's initial launch.

He went with the ID40 card in the 808.3 Transport. He also sprinkled a few MS600's around his house as well. We did a non scientific side by side listening session of a few ways to connect to his systems (Speakerlink, XLR, RCA & Coax). I'd have to give an edge to the 808.3 transport, but not $17k worth. $17k being the cost difference between the transport and the MS600. Both absolutely sound better than using the C15, either Speakerlink or Coax.

He allowed me to scarf one of his MS600's for a couple of weeks. Well we are heading back up to Maine for the week, so my fun with this toy is coming to a end. The MS600 is a fine DAC. The improvement in body, resolution and spacial cues were enough to convince me that there definitely is room for improvement. Much like Jerry, I'll take the following week to decide as to whether I do what's prudent (spend less) or go for broke (808.3)!

Reg
Of course, join us (me, Howie and .... more), the 808.3 + ID40 is the best. Take it from me. So far, I have not heard anything better by a far margin .. except in price!

Its not the "worth" my friend. How can one measure "worth"? Its like love, some gave a BIG 2 carat diamond to the wife/GF as a show of love, while I gave a honorable 0.1 carat as the same intention. Does that mean I love less than the other? No right, just that I am more humble in means!

The 808.3 is definitely the better and it is better!

Come on my friend, go for it. I remembered someone did told me - We live only once. And so far, I did just that .... sometimes having to borrow from Howie to try bridge gaps but so far without success ... yet! One day, he will .....

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar