View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 03:48 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
Hi Stephen,

It is cool to feel this "end of the road" in audio gear and be focused only on enjoying the sound you have been looking for years.
You were right with the Vermillion. It is very precisely the kind of sound that I was craving for.
My Sky 30 should be here in 6 days.
I read Art Dudley's review and was impressed by the fact that it sounded larger than the mighty A23 Hommage. In my system the Hommage was great but I was getting to much gain with the MM stage of the Giscours. I appreciate Bob's products versatility and how he can recommend the right SUT for your cart and phono stage.
Again thanks a lot for your expertise and advices. They are truly awesome to my ears !
Jerôme,
I heard the original blue Cinemag 1100-series of transformers when they debuted in Bob's SUTs back in 2013, if memory serves. They were an impressive step up ove the "red ones", particularly in "verisimilitude" and transparency over the "red" transformers that are used in mine. So my expection is the Sky 30 will be fantastic, and you are going to be VERY happy with this SUT and even more so with the Vermilion.

As I said before, I am very happy that you are so pleased with the Vermilion, it is really quite a special Koetsu and intensely musical without being syrupy or sweet.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.