View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 02:39 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Jerome,
If you were asking for guidance, my directions would be: "Just get it. You won't regret it".

I have the Koetsu Urushi Vermilion and it is one of the finest-sounding cartridges I've ever experienced. I use it with a Bob's Devices SUT, and am very happy with the pairing. I then run these two into the MM cartridge input of my (formerly Serge's) EAR 324. I would just add to Serge's comment that while some of the lower-end Koetsus have the some attributes of being lush and romantic-sounding, this does not apply to the higher-end models, including the Urushi Vermilion and particularly the stone-bodies. Instead, they just sound overwhelmingly like MUSIC, much the Schiit Gumby or Yggy Multibit DACs do.

So, you will not be disappointed. The Rosewood Signature will not be as romantic as the base model Rosewood, and the RS Platinum will be even more neutral. But I think the Rosewood Signature will be a great place to start.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Stephen

best,
Stephen.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.