View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Simply shows what I have said repeatedly. Conclusions like this: that the Ref 6 or 326 is a better match with a 601 and Sasha 2 than a C1100 based on a dealer comparison are extremely unreliable and not reproducible and quite frankly worse than a waste of time because it creates false information that perplexes those happily owning a C1100/601 combo, and not remotely hearing what you thought you heard. I am not saying your ears were lying but that something, we can never know what, was very unfavorable to the C1100 regarding the setup. And so based on one or two listening sessions at a dealer you have arrived at the above (what I believe to be) erroneous conclusion. It is just as likely that with a correct or more favorable setup, a properly functioning C1100 will sound better with a 601 than the Ref 6 or 326 with a Sasha 2. Good luck with your purchase of the Sasha 2 but for others who are reading this, I would take these conclusions with a very large grain of salt.

Charles
Wow ... Guess the old post really got you going? The only thing that is a total waste of time is just assuming something works better because someone said so either way. You should always trust your ears more than anyone's opinion or vendor specifications or others "facts". I have since moved on to something I like even better but several others I know voted with their wallet and included a preamp with their MC-601 not of McIntosh making. Others have purchased the C1100 and I think that each person after demo'ing the products in their system bought what they thought sounded best to them and that is the ONLY thing that matters. If after reading my post your take away was that I was claiming something was "better" than something else then either I need to learn how to write better or you need to learn how to read better ... probably some of both I would imagine ... All I was saying was that don't always believe what everyone tells you (including me!) and listen for yourself because you might just be surprised. If you are saying that there is no value in listening for yourself and to just accept a particular combination will always sound better and is in fact the only right way to setup a system ...

George