View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countingbackwards View Post
I'm in the process of auditioning some Shindo IC's in my system at the moment. They are a very clear step up compared to the generic cables "DIY'd" for me by my dealer, in all respects. Better smoothness, deeper stage, more definition at the frequency extremes. It's both an "audiophile" improvement and an improvement to the overall feel/flow of music.

I haven't tried the A23 IC's but the price isn't all that different, so I don't really see a reason to try the A23's. It's with speaker cables that the difference in price puts A23 and Shindo cables in different categories.

My guess though is that the sound will be very different given the significant differences in construction.

I've been moving the cable around, and it seems to benefit the digital playback (from my Cosecant) more when the Shindo cable is placed between DAC and preamp. Which makes sense - best cable where the smallest signal comes from. However, putting the cable between pre and amp improves things for vinyl as well.

Has anybody had a Shindo phono cable made for their tonearm? I would presume that to be an important spot, being that its the lowest level signal, but my arm doesn't accept standard RCA's.

BTW...I probably won't have a buying decision just yet as I plan to also audition a Mr T.
Hey Ken - you should chat with Dale (Dirtbag) he just bought a MR T. and is happy with it.