View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 01:51 PM

The approximate time frame we are looking is a debut at the The German High End Show...

As for the names we have fun with them, the BB5 - Big Box or Big Bastards, MB2 - Medium Box, IB2 intermediate Box or Incredible Box (because this model having a smaller footprint and being able to touch on what the MB's & BB's do is pretty incredible...

EB1i - Extended Box, basically a floorstanding IB1, the "i" stands for improved.
PB1i - Performance Box, a little biger than the OB1i, touching on the capabilities of the EB1i.
OB1i - Other Box, the orginal OB1 came out of nowhere, that and a tribute to Star Wars.
FB1i - Floor Box, the first consumer oriented floorstander speaker we built, one of our oldest models.
GB1i - Girly Box, because it is so petite yet capable of an earful of output.
TB2i - Tiny Box, one of our first speakers and at the time the smallest before the DB1 came along.
DB1i - Dinky Box, the worlds smallest transmission line monitor.

We like to have fun with the names and might I add that you can call them whatever you want within the given initials. The number just implies the generation its from... With the BB5, twenty years ago we couldn't comprehend it being improved time, but it has seen number of changes that have made it absolutely one of the most incredible loudspeaker systems in the world, and will likely see more changes in the future.

All of this said the new line will be a completely seperate series, named independent of the current models.