View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Last night I read the Stereophile review of the Bryston 7B SSTē mono block amplifiers. My impression of Michael Fremer's attempt at reviewing the 7B SSTē was he really wasn't interested in the amplifier from the outset, but was obligated to turn in X number of words before the publishing deadline, so he reluctantly banged out his article. He spent 20% of the review telling me what others have said about other Bryston amplifiers. He spent another 20% of the article teling me how wonderful and expensive his Mobile Fidelity Titan amplifier is, describing its attributes like that was the point of the review. He wasted additional words on long descriptions of record recording techniques, and layouts of churches where records were recorded. Michael was jamming all the filler he could into this review to build the word count, then reluctantly returned to bash the Bryston 7B SSTē some more for not carrying the same load of water as his beloved $35K Titan. Even when Bryston supplied him with a fresh pair of 7B SSTē amps with the upgraded transformer, he remained on the negative side right to the end of the article, with his very last comment. "But before buying a pair listen to the competition." Yeah, thanks for the sage advice Micky, like a person auditioning premium amplifiers wouldn't do that without your encouragement.

Michael, please keep your precious Titan amp that costs five times more than a pair of Bryston 7B SSTē amps, and your mega buck speakers, turntable and arm, phono preamp, cartrdge, interconnects, speaker cables, isolation platforms, and your big comfy chair. Play your system loud, and play it long. Have a ball. It will give you something more productive to do than write reviews of amplifiers you have no interest in, just to earn a living.

Hello folks

I know, and i remember reading RG's review in HIFI+ of the Wilson maxx2. He used multiple amps, that he clearly listed to garner that nice review of those speakers. Using those speakers singularily for a the entire review seems tripe.